I completed my first full week of 22-Minute Hard Corps, and today marked the beginning of week 2 of 8!
Week 2 starts with a new workout: Resistance 2. There are basically three types of workouts included in the 22-Minute Hard Corps program: (1) cardio, (2) resistance (or strength/weight exercises), and (3) core (ab/core routine).
I liked Resistance 2 a LOT more than Resistance 1, which was heavy on two of my least favorite moves – push-ups and pull-ups. The format for Resistance 2 is similar to Resistance 1. A VERY short warm-up, three rounds of five exercises, and then a very short cooldown. The five moves that we do are the following:
1. A burpee press – with your dumbbells in hand, shoot out into a plank, then come back to a standing position, doing a shoulder press as you come to standing. It’s essentially a burpee with a shoulder press at the top rather than a jump. Just be careful with the dumbbells you use. I use Power Blocks on carpet, so they’re not going to roll on me, but some other rounded dumbbells could make this move dangerous. Be careful! This move is challenging, especially at the pace that its done in the video, and with the weights, your shoulders will BURN at the end!
2. Squat jump – with a weight! This is a plyometric move that really got my heart rate up. It’s simple – with one weight in hand (or a sandbag), you do a squat and jump at the top, then drop back into the squat.
3. Chip-Up L-Crunch – a chin-up with a leg raise at the bottom. Honestly, I am so lazy and my pull-up bar is STILL not set up, so I could not to this move. I did not notice a modifier either, which was unusual and not cool. So, instead, I did a bent-over dumbbell row with alternating kicks. I really got to get my pull-up bar set up this week!
4. Punch pull – I LOVED this one! With a dumbbell in hand, punch downward in a lunge, then pivot on your feet to do an elbow up top. Here’s a short video of this move, which is very MMX-inspired and makes me feel like a total bad ass!
5. Corkscrew twist – Put the wine bottle away… it’s not THAT type of corkscrew move! This is your abdominal move. Laying on your back, raise both legs together straight, then twist your hips as they raise off the floor in a crunch.
Repeat 1-5 three times!
I actually really loved Resistance 2, but I will be singing a different tune when I’m doing the pull-ups, which I always find challenging.
Can you believe if you had started 22-Minute Hard Corps with me you’d already be into your second week?! Time flies when you’re getting some! 😉 If you’d like to learn more about 22-Minute Hard Corps or join me for my next online accountability group, send me an email at email@example.com or message me on Facebook. Click here to get your copy of 22-Minute Hard Corps!