I completed Day 4 of 22-Minute Hard Corps (hey, that rhymes!) today. Since I didn’t post yesterday, I’ll just mention that Days 3 and 4 are repeats of Days 1 and 2. The one thing that I want to talk about that I did differently today, however, was I drank a postworkout recovery shake after my workout. Today’s workout was Resistance 1, which is a strength-training workout with lots of push-ups and weighted exercises with dumbbells. So, my muscles were WEAK after this workout, especially since I upped the weights for some of the moves. So, a recovery shake was definitely in order.
The protein shake that I tried is considered to be the most sophisticated postworkout recovery protein shake on the planet. It’s called Recover, and it’s part of the Beachbody Performance Line of supplements. It’s what Tony Horton uses. And if it’s good enough for Tony, it’s good enough for me!
Here’s my review:
- Nothing artificial is in it! It’s all natural ingredients – no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or anything!
- There are no fillers in it. There are only a couple of ingredients in it that are scientifically shown to help with muscle recovery. If they’re not backed by science, then they don’t make it into the shake.
- Includes three kinds of protein (fast, intermediate, and slow) and key phytonutrients to help reduce exercise-induced soreness.
- No high risk or unproven ingredients.
- Certified by the NSF.
- Mixed together pretty well. I just dumped a scoop of Recover into some water and stirred it up with a spoon. I’d say 95% of the powder dissolved that way. I didn’t even have to shake it or use a blender. It wasn’t chunky and went down smooth.
- The chocolate flavor tastes great! It would probably be even better blended with some ice and a little milk. I did it with lukewarm water, and it was fine that way.
- It’s soy-free! Soy is so common in other protein shakes because it’s a cheap filler, but it actually loses a lot of its nutritional value after it is so thoroughly processed.
- It’s not vegan. I try to be a weekday vegan, and this product contains whey protein. Not a big deal, but I know that some people are sensitive to whey, and I technically violated my weekday veganism pledge. 😉
- Slight aftertaste, but I think that’s associated more with the whey. So, if you’re used to consuming whey, then not a big deal.
I know consistent use is best, and that I’m not going to see or probably even feel results after just using this product once, but I’m glad that I tried it! I’ll definitely be supplementing with this for some of the more physically demanding workouts in the program!
Interested in trying Recover? Check out your purchasing options or email me at email@example.com with your questions!