Every time I go to press play on 22-Minute Hard Corps, I experience the same internal dialogue. This workout’s so simple and easy. Only 22 minutes. What am I really going to get out of this? Am I even going to sweat? Psh. Kid’s stuff.
- Sprint in place – Basically run in place with high knees.
- Mountain climbers – In plank, keep your hands in place, but alternate your legs so that you’re running in place, tapping your toe on the ground each time you bring it forward.
- Straight leg sprint – Kind of like low straight-leg kicks.
- Gorilla crawls – These are THE hardest move for me! I did a LOT better this time than when I did it last week. I almost completed all of the gorilla crawls, but these really burn out your legs, especially if you do them right – low to the ground with your feet separated and chest up. Some of the folks in the video were raising their butts a lot higher, which might be a bit easier. Here’s a short video of me with my bunny as I do them.
- Jimmy jumps – starting in a slight squat, jump off the ground and raise one arm, alternating arms each time.
- Waterbug – I’ll do a video for you of these next time. They’re also brutal. You start in a plank, then hop your hands and feet off the ground at the SAME TIME, moving side to side. Yeah.
- Frog burpee – Do a burpee, but instead of standing up straight at the top, you stay in a low squat.
Repeat #1-7 for 3 rounds total!