Makes: 2 Servings
Cooking Time: 25 to 35 minutes
21-Day Fix Portions: 1 purple, 4 green, 4 yellow, 2 blue, 2 orange, 4 teaspoons
- 2 Yellow Containers of Pound Purple Potatoes (approximately 1/3 lb.)
- 2 Slices of Sprouted Grain Bread (like Ezekiel)
- 3½ Green Containers of Baby Kale (approximately 3 ounces)
- 1 Apple
- ½ Green Container of Sliced Red Onion
- 1 Bunch Mint
- 2 Orange Containers of Pecans
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Blue Containers of Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 4 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
- Himalayan Pink Salt and Black Pepper
- Prepare the ingredients: Preheat the oven to 450°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling on high. Large dice the slices of sprouted grain bread. Core and cut the apple into matchsticks; toss with a splash of the vinegar to prevent browning. Peel and thinly slice the onion. Pick the mint leaves off the stems; discard the stems. Roughly chop the pecans.
- Cook & dress the potatoes: Once the pot of water is boiling, add the potatoes. Cook 18 to 20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain thoroughly and run under cold water. Set aside to cool. Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, place them in a large bowl. Using a fork, smash the potatoes. Add the mint (roughly chopping the leaves just before adding) and 1 teaspoon of olive oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss gently to combine.
- Toast the pecans: While the potatoes cook, arrange the pecans in a single, even layer on a clean, dry sheet pan. Toast in the oven 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside. Wipe off the sheet pan.
- Make the croutons: Place the diced bread on the same sheet pan used to toast the pecans. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Arrange in a single, even layer and toast in the oven 4 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on the outside but still soft on the inside. Set aside.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of olive oil and remaining vinegar; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress the salad & plate your dish: In a large bowl, combine the baby kale, apple, dressed potatoes, croutons, toasted pecans, goat cheese and the red onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the dressing; toss gently to coat. Divide the salad between 2 plates. Enjoy!