Makes: 2 Servings
Calories: About 525 Per Serving
Cooking Time: 25 to 35 minutes
- ½ Cup Cooked Quinoa (or brown rice)
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 2 Scallions
- 1 Yellow Squash
- ½ Pound Shredded Red Cabbage
- 2 Tablespoons White Miso Paste
- 2 Teaspoons Agave Necter
- 1 1-Inch Piece Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- ¼ Cup Rice Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Cashews
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Wash and dry the fresh produce. Peel and mince the ginger. Roughly chop the cashews. Cut the squash into matchsticks. Cut off and discard the root ends of the scallions; thinly slice on an angle, separating the white bottoms and green tops.
- In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, ginger, and half the vinegar; season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to thoroughly combine. Set aside to marinate, stirring occasionally, for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the carrots have marinated for about 5 minutes, heat a medium, dry pan (nonstick, if you have one) on medium-high until hot. Add the cashews and toast, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove from heat.
- While the carrots continue to marinate, in a large bowl, combine the agave necter, miso paste, and remaining vinegar; season with salt and pepper to taste. Slowly whisk in the sesame oil until well combined.
- Add the cooked quinoa, cabbage, squash, and white bottoms of the scallions to the bowl of dressing. Toss to thoroughly combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the finished salad between 2 dishes. Top with the marinated carrots. Garnish with the toasted cashews and green tops of the scallions. Enjoy!