- 3 medium beets, peeled, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1½ tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt (to taste; optional)
- Herbal seasoning blend (to taste; optional)
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine beets and oil, plus salt,and seasoning blend (if desired), in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Arrange beets in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Combine beets with parsley and lemon in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Calories: 170
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 489 mg
- Carbohydrate: 25 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Sugar: 17 g
- Protein: 4 g