- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Himalayan salt and crushed black pepper (to taste; optional)
- ¼ tsp. ground red cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin (or to taste)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, cayenne, and cumin and whisk to combine.
- Add the jalapeno and green onion. Stir to combine.
- Add the lentils. Stir to combine.
- Let salad marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Before serving, add sunflower seeds. Stir to combine.