Makes: 2 Servings
Cooking Time: 25 to 35 minutes
21-Day Fix Portions: 1 red, 2 purple, 4 green, 2 teaspoons, 1 blue (and 2 optional yellow)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Purple Containers of Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup of Water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Green Container of Cremini Mushrooms
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Green Container of Lacinato Kale
- 1 Green Container of Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Container of Yellow Onion
- 1 Blue Container of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Pink Himalayan salt and Black Pepper
- Optional: 2 Yellow Containers of Prepared Quinoa or Brown Rice
- 1 Prepare the ingredients: Preheat the oven to 450°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Cut the mushrooms into bite-sized pieces. Cut out and discard the stem, ribs and seeds of the bell pepper; thinly slice. Peel the garlic and mince the cloves, leaving the remaining clove whole. Remove and discard the kale stems; roughly chop the leaves. Peel, halve and thinly slice the onion.
- Start the sauce: In a large pan (nonstick and oven-safe, if you have one), heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes, or until browned and softened; season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables: To the pan of mushrooms, add the minced garlic, onion, bell pepper and as much of the red pepper flakes as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes, or until softened and fragrant.
- Finish the sauce: Add the crushed tomatoes, kale and 1 cup of water to the pan of vegetables; season with salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened and slightly reduced in volume. Remove from heat. (If your pan isn’t oven-safe, transfer the finished sauce to a baking dish.)
- Finish & serve your dish: Using a spoon or spatula, create 2 wells in the center of the finished sauce. Crack an egg into each well; season with salt and pepper. Bake 6 to 8 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes. Garnish with the cheese. Enjoy!
Optional: This goes very well with some quinoa or brown rice to soak up the sauce. I suggest 2 yellow containers of either with this recipes.